This weekend was my first show since December and I was a bit disappointed in the $$$. I did plenty of chatting and even had a few "art lessons " to throw out to the newbies, but all and all i did not see people walking away with much. The beauty of art shows is you get to connect with the public and if you have a story and something to offer that appeals to that perfect person, we have a bond and most of the time...a sale. Fool for Art @ JTCC was extremely organized and the people are always super...I blame the crazy economy...we'll see.
On a better note, this morning was rainy and cool but everyone threw on clothes and we headed downtown Breakfast at Perly's brought our suburban kids into an cool urban environment. We
had a great time and then we went to Plant Zero for the SPRING BADA BING craft show. I have to say how impressed I was with this show. It was put on by the Richmond Crafts Mafia which is a street team of ETSY.com. When we walked in we were given these great swag bags, kind of goodie bag from a fun birthday party. The Plant Zero location is an awesome room with red walls, black floors and white lanterns. It was filled with a happy buzz of shoppers and vendors and table after table of cool handmade art. To me as a consumer with the inside track to the art show circuit, it was win/win. From pincushions shaped like cupcakes and felt hamsters in nugget boxes...:) to handmade journals made from Nancy Drew mysteries and perfume that smells like Kuba Kuba yummy drinks. I love it!! I spent my $ from Fool for Art and then some! It is the little things that make a difference and EVERY booth had some sort of freebie. Soap, stickers, candy,etc... that makes for happy kids too. FUN DAY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment